The Orange County Curling Club invites
you to try the Olympic Sport of Curling!
Are you curious about the sport of curling? Have you been watching the Olympics and thinking that you'd like to try? Well, our 1-hour Open House is the perfect chance to give it a go!
On Saturday March 10th and 17th from 7:30 - 11:30pm Orange County Curling members will provide a brief introduction to the sport. We can only accept 40 attendees every hour to ensure the best possible experience*. The cost for the open house is $25 per person.
An Open House Includes:
- Basics of Curling Video (10 minutes)
- Instruction on how to deliver the stone, how to sweep, and basic strategy (30 minutes)
- Photos (10-15 minutes)
- Food and Drink
Curling is adaptable to people with a wide range of physical abilities and limitations. The Rinks Westminster Ice is home to The OC Curling Club and is a wheelchair friendly venue. We welcome the opportunity to expose you to one of the fastest growing sports in America.
- Dress in layers. The arena temperature is about 45-50 degrees. If you normally wear a hat outside, you'll probably want to wear one while curling as well.
- Clothing should allow freedom of movement. You need to be able to squat and lunge (blue jeans are not recommended since your movement is restricted).
- Lightweight gloves keep your hands warm while still allowing you to feel the stone.
- You'll be standing on ice, so rubber soled shoes (tennis shoes) are the best option for comfort. Please note: high heels, sandals, and work boots will not be permitted on the ice.
- All equipment (grippers, brooms, stabilizers, sticks, etc.) will be provided by the club
Spectators are Encouraged!
This is an Open House and is open to anyone who has in interest in Curling. If you want to play or just learn more about it, everyone is welcome! There is no fee unless you want to participate on the ice. If so we require you to register below.
Sign up now and get swept up in Curling!
*Please plan to arrive about 15 minutes before your scheduled time to sign waivers.
*Please note registration closes 3 hours prior to event